The Graveyard Book

My first impression when reading the books was about Bod. In the sentence “ Ever since the child had learned to walk he had been his mother’s and father’s despair and delight, for there never was such a boy for wandering, for climbing up things, for getting into and out of things.” (Page 10, line 21-24) it makes me think that Bod was a smart and talented boy. 

After reading through the story though, I feel that Bod’s life was pretty sad. His whole family was killed and now he has to live with the people that live in the graveyard also known as the dead people. However, he has a really great family. Great and supportive parents and caring guardians. His guardians are the one that thought him how to read and write, geography, etc. 

As the years grow, his life however became more lonely. His guardians had to go more often, his friend had to leave the country. It was all sad for him to go through that phase alone. However, I also see that he is an adventurous kid. He doesn’t like to study boring stuff, he would go out and explore new things. 

Comments

  1. I agree with you about Bod. I also wrote about him and felt sad that he didn't have a happy life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment